Brought to you by www.bowlinent.com
Couple of things you need to know….
1. Small business is considered under 50 employees
2. The rules and regulations for health and safety are the same for all business…whether big or small.
Employees reflect the attitude of the owner or manager toward job safety and health within the workplace. If the owner or manager does not show an interest in preventing employee injury and illness, then the employees will probably not give it much thought either.
Therefore, it is essential that owners and mangers demonstrate the concern for employee safety and health, and the priority that is placed on them in the workplace. The policy must be clear and the importance must be shown through managements’ actions. For example, If the employees work in a potential flammable area then spark resistant fans should be installed.
Commitment can be demonstrated by involving employees in planning and carrying out the efforts. Employees will bring their unique insights and energy to achieving the goals of the program. The employees are among the business’ most valuable assets, so their safety, health and goodwill are essential to the success the company.
Here are some actions to consider:
* Post policy on worker safety and health visible to all employees
* Hold an employee meeting to communicate the safety and health policy and objectives
* Make sure that management personally gets involved in the activities that are part of your safety and health program.
* Ensure that all management follows all safety requirements that apply to all employees
* Take advantage of employees’ specialized knowledge and encourage them to buy into the program by having them make inspections, conduct safety training, or investigate accidents
*Make clear assignments of responsibility for every part of the safety and health program, and make sure everyone understands them. The more people who are involved, the better. A good rule of thumb is to assign safety and health responsibilities in the same way you assign production responsibilities. Make it a special part of everyone’s job to work safely
* Give those with safety and health responsibility enough people, time, training, money and authority to get the job done
* Recognize and reward those who do well and correct those who don’t
* At least once a year, review what you have accomplished in meeting the objectives and re-evaluate whether you need new objectives or program revisions.
* Institute an accountability system where all personnel will be held accountable for not following work rules designed to promote workplace safety and health.
Move Big Air supports health and safety in the work place as well as energy efficient products like High Powered Low Speed fans.